— Our editors review and recommend products to help you buy the stuff you need. If you make a purchase by clicking one of our links, we may earn a small share of the revenue. However, our picks and opinions are independent from USA Today’s newsroom and any business incentives.
Just because the weekend is behind us doesn’t mean we can’t still find some time for ourselves during the work week. While a trip to the spa or a couple beers at lunch aren’t in the cards for most of us, a little retail therapy is always a fun way to unwind. Whether you make a purchase or not, I always recommend browsing sales first. That way, if you find something you want (or forgot you needed), you’ll at least be saving money on whatever you purchase.
At Reviewed, we spend our days testing out all the products you might want to buy so we can help you find out which are actually worth your time. And beyond product testing in our labs and in the real world, I and my team of bargain hunters have made it our mission to help you find the best times to buy so you can save the most money on these awesome products and spend wisely.
Right now, there’s a doozy of a deal on the ever-popular Instant Pot, as well as a couple great budget buys on useful little gadgets for your car, kitchen, and bedroom.
1. Under $70: The most popular Instant Pot at its second-best price ever
The Instant Pot is the cooking tool to have these days, and right now the most popular model is down to the lowest price we’ve seen so far this year, beating the previous low by $1. Not only does it replace your rice cooker and slow cooker, freeing up storage space, but it makes quick work of everything from soups and stews to meatloaf to cake and yogurt.
It’s a crazy versatile device, and this is the perfect time to buy it. And while we found that the WiFi connected Instant Pot is the best after testing all of them, the DUO60 7-in-1 is a fantastic blend of features and price. I’ve had one for two years and use it at least twice a week every week.
If you’ve got a bigger family to feed or you’re a meal prepper, check out the 8-quart version, which is only $102 right now, $18 less than usual.
2. Under $10: Sturdy USB-C cables that charge fast
If any of your devices charge via USB-C, you can pick up some spare charging cables are a fantastic price right now. Anker‘s Powerline+ cables are wrapped in a braided nylon so they won’t split and fray over time. Right now you can pick up a 2-pack of 3-foot cables for just $8 with the code “ANKERB82.” These cables do fast-charge, but note that they don’t support high-speed charging for Google Pixel or Motorola Nexus. However, even if you own one of those two phones, at this price, you can keep spare cables in less-used areas of your home, in your car, or at work for a little boost.
3. Under $10: The best eye mask so you can sleep better
Sick of waking up because the sun is blinding you, or maybe your bedroom window overlooks a streetlight and your partner refuses to try blackout curtains. Either way, having an eye mask handy can be great if you prefer total darkness when you sleep. This one from Nidra is the best contoured sleep mask—we know, we’ve tested all the top options and this one outperformed the rest when we tested all the most popular eye masks. It stays put all night long and the rounded shape means you won’t have material pressing down on your eyes as you sleep, so it’s extra comfortable.
4. Under $15: A pizza cutter you’ll actually use
This past Christmas, my boyfriend and I got each other pizza cutters (total coincidence). I picked a novelty Star Wars one that unsurprisingly does not work very well but makes light saber noises. He, on the other hand, got me this one, which works amazingly and is actually easy to use and clean. The larger size is easier to grip and push across the pie, and it’s got a cover for the blade so you can actually keep it in your drawer. My favorite feature? The whole thing comes apart and is 100% dishwasher-safe, and right now it’s on sale for just $12 (down from $14). It’s not a jaw-dropping discount but we think it’s more than worth getting if you like pizza.
5. Under $50: The most popular Echo is back on sale
If you don’t already have a smart speaker somewhere in your home, what are you waiting for? At the very least, having one in your kitchen to set timers and add things to your shopping list while you’re elbow-deep in a batch of cookies can make your life surprisingly better.
If you’re not 100% sure an Echo is right for you or you’ve already got one of the larger models, the third-gen. Dot is a great choice. Not only is it already the most affordable Echo, but it’s also $10 off right now. While it’s not the best price we’ve seen, it is the first time the Dot’s been on sale since Groundhog’s Day, and we think it’s a great excuse to get one.
Other great deals you can get online right now
- Jabra Elite 65t True Wireless Headphones—$151.82 on Amazon (Save $22): These are the best true wireless earbuds if you don’t want Apple Airpods, and this is the best price we’ve seen.
- LilyAna Naturals Retinol Cream Moisturizer—$14.99 on Amazon (Save $5): Use the on-page coupon to save on this cult-favorite moisturizer.
- Nectar Sleep—Save $125 on all mattresses and get two free memory foam pillows.
- Nidra Deep Rest Eye Mask—$9.95 on Amazon (Save $2): This is the best eye mask we’ve ever tested, and we love this sale price too.
- Puro—The best kids’ headphones, the BT-2000s, are on sale for $70 right now, the lowest price we’ve ever seen and $30 off the usual price.
- REI—Members can save 20% on one full-price item plus an extra 20% on one REI Outlet item with the code “MEMPERK2019” now through April 8.
- Blanquil 20 lb. Weighted Anti-Anxiety Blanket—$99.98 at Sam’s Club (Save $70)
- Samsung 55-inch Q9 QLED TV—$2,000 at Massdrop (Save $800): Get a huge discount on one of the best TVs of 2019.
- TCL 43-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV—$299.99 (Save $20)
- TCL 49-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV—$369.99 (Save $30)
- TCL 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV—$419.99 (Save $30)
- TCL 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV—$599.99 (Save $50)
- ThermoWorks—Get the Thermopen Mk4, one of the best meat thermometers we’ve ever tested, for $79.20 (Save $19.80) in blue and yellow.
- Tuft & Needle Twin Mattress in a Box—$280 (Save $70)
- Tuft & Needle Full Mattress in a Box—$396 (Save $99)
- Tuft & Needle Queen Mattress in a Box—$476 (Save $119)
- Tuft & Needle King Mattress in a Box—$600 (Save $150)
- Tuft & Needle Nod Mattress—$316 (Save $79)
- Tuft & Needle Premium Pillow—$80 (Save $20): These pillows come from our favorite mattress-in-a-box company and they’re available for a terrific deal.
- Ulta—Celebrate Ulta’s 21 Days of Beauty with a savings on MAC, SugarPill lipstick, ProActiv, and more.
- Wayfair—Save up to 70% during the Tax Refund Event.
Prices are accurate at the time this article was published, but may change over time.
Read or Share this story: https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/reviewedcom/2019/04/01/amazon-deals-5-best-sales-and-discounts-monday-april-1/3329582002/